Today we're launching something new at LXF Towers. That something is called TuxRadar, and is a free software news website where we'll also be posting content from Linux Format as and when we can. As an added bonus, we'll also be recording a podcast every two weeks, with the first episode already available.
Our goals for the website are pretty simple:
- Get some LXF content out there, for free, for everyone to read and learn from.
- Post frequent news stories about free software matters.
- Post up more original stories than we do right now (ie, features that aren't even in LXF).
- Archive the Hudzilla Coding Academy
- Have some fun with the podcast, while covering issues that matter.
- Do all the above using a site that loads super-fast, doesn't split stories up into a zillion pages, and is pretty light on adverts too.
You may have figured out by now that Andrew's blog entry asking for feedback about Mono was for the first podcast, so a few of you who responded will find your views aired in the recording.
All the above might sound very nice, but I need your help to tell people about the new site and the new podcast series we're launching. Of course it would also be great to hear your feedback on either of them - we're hoping the podcast gets a little smoother with time (it's our first attempt!), but all suggestions are welcome.
As an added incentive for you to try the podcast, you should know there's a fantastic subscriptions offer at the end - US$99 for one year for Americans, and more great savings for people in other parts of the world.
So: I hope this new venture proves to your liking - please do take the time to pass on the URL to your friends!