Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Office Suite for Company Use

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:17 am    Post subject: Office Suite for Company Use Reply with quote

The company I work for is about to upgrade the Microsoft office suite from Office 2003 to Office 2010 because they say they need to be using the latest software

One issue we had is that some people receive files made in 2010 and could not open in 2003 ( I opened it for them on my laptop with Ubuntu and saved in 2003 format, I know they can also use the free converter / reader from Micro$oft but to me to buy a few hundred copy’s of Office 2010 is a waste of money when there is an alternative, is there any company’s using the open source office suites that we know about and I would like them to reconsider as the money could be put to much better use elsewhere.
johnhudson
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming the implementation is a long term decision, LibreOffice 3.4.1 or 3.4.2 when it arrives in a few months is the obvious move, not least because its user interface is closer to Office 2003 but also because it promises to have been cleaned up to run much quicker than anything else. It does of course offer backward compatibility to all versions of Word that tun on Windows and some that run on DOS.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: