Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google sites

View previous topic :: View next topic  
heiowge
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Google sites Reply with quote

Does anyone know anything about "Google Sites"?

My forum's homepage is made with google sites and I'm having issues.

My forum and it's homepage were set up by the previous admin. He arranged for a homepage and a few other pages off it for our site using google sites and a forum using freeforums. I took over as admin about 2 years ago (previous admin is no longer reachable). I tidied up the site a little and change the "doorbell" every month or two.

The "doorbell" is a single picture icon on the homepage that if you click it, it takes you to the forum. Since it's a puzzle forum, I change the pic to a new puzzle that catches my eye every so often.

What I have to do is scroll down to the bottom of the homepage and click "sign in". It then loads a login page and takes me back to the home page, but with various edit options added. From there I can edit, then sign out and changes are made.

Problem is, for the last week or two, the sign-in page doesn't load. Nothing. Blank page. At first I thought it might be down to browser or some linux compatibility issue, but I've just had chance to test with chrome, firefox, and IE on linux and windows.

I've managed to sign in with gmail as that account, but it won't accept I'm signed in when I get back to my site. I've searched google forums and threads and not found a reason, or better, a fix.

Any suggestions / ideas? Confused

eeepc 1015PX, 1.66 Ghz Intel atom processor, 2 GB DDR3, 320 GB hd, Mint 14 MATE. Fan needs fixing.
MartyBartfast
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a google sites page, but I don't do anything with it. When I just went there with Firefox and clicked the "sign in" page it just refreshed the page for me and didn't go to the sign in page; I tried in Chrome and it took me to the sign in page, I signed in and was able to edit the site.

All on Fedora

Don't know if that helps!!!!
heiowge
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I uninstalled and reinstalled chromium and couldn't get it to work until I opened the link in another tab, then it loaded first time. Confused

eeepc 1015PX, 1.66 Ghz Intel atom processor, 2 GB DDR3, 320 GB hd, Mint 14 MATE. Fan needs fixing.
sujith34

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i dont but i found this forum through Google search engine..
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: