Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mini-books

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ubuntu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: mini-books Reply with quote

hi I was wondering why there is no PDFs for the mini-books that came with the magazines a few issues ago 142, 135, and one on the acer aspire. I noticed you have done them for the ace coding academy supplements recently and I would so love to have these mini-books as PDFs. they are ace little things is it possible to do them as PDFs or points me to where I could get them if they have been done already, cant find them in the archives Sad fantastic mag keep up the hard work!!!!!
ubuntu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't suppose any of you guys at HQ would know if it were possible to get them or sort something out, just one would be greatly appreciated? Pretty please Very Happy I know it may seem a lot to ask its just that I really want PDFs of these. I was going to scan them but that would result in breaking the spine and the quality wouldn't compare to the PDFs that you guys produce! Or should I assume they were never made to PDF to begin with and just give up!?
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have PDFs for the whole books, but I'll see if I can get hold of them. Can't make any guarantees though!

M
ubuntu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike your a star just for trying Exclamation Exclamation anything would be appreciated whole or in part!!!! just out of interest why weren't they made available? the coding supplements have been. I'm sure most people will agree they were great things, especially Paul Hudson php coding academy one(even more so if you couldn't get the special edition). if you cant get them never mind thanks for trying!!!
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Righto, you can now get the books as PDFs for issue 142 and 135. Log into the subs area then go to the issue and you'll see a link in a yellow box:

"Click here to download the free book"

Enjoy!

Mike
ubuntu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike your No1!!!!! nice one this has saved me soooo much time in scanning. thanks sooo much for doing that helps to complete my lxf pdf collection!!!!

Cheers!!!!!
Borat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike! Good job.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: