Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:16 am
|Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:04 pm Post subject: A little challenge...
For the Linux AND electronics experts amongst us...
Have you ever pondered how to get DC, (Direct Current), into or out
of your computer?
Here is your challenge:-
I won't bother with getting DC INTO the computer as using the
restrictions below requires extensive knowledge of electronics and
computer workings; Software is tricky also...
Righto, given potentially 4 levels of DC OUT, (0 being one of them),
create a simple Program along with a home built Hardware design,
a "variable" DC output controller. DC accuracy is NOT important for
These are the restrictions:-
1) NO Integrated Circuits are allowed at all.
2) 5 Bipolar Transistors of your choice maximum.
3) Any amount of passive components as required, LCR.
4) If diodes are needed, then no more than 2 of them and any type.
5) The code of your choice, (Python is an easy to use language).
6) No electronics CAD is allowed at all.
7) No board design CAD is allowed, you are only allowed stripboard.
Let's see if anyone on here can come up with anything...
It is possible... ;o)
Have fun in doing some REAL hacking...
I forgot, you ARE allowed ONE Zener Diode on top of number 4) and
ONE PP3 Battery plus connector IF you need one.