Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Digital Subscriptions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MessedUpHare

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Digital Subscriptions Reply with quote

I've had a paper subscription to Linux Format for a while now and I'm getting to the stage where I've got a fair amount of dead tree sitting in my shelves, taking up valuable space in my flat

I would like to go to a Digital-only subscription.. But I'm a little hesitant because of what is offered by Linux Format..

I have also started a shorter-term subscription to Linux Journal... Their model is far-from perfect, but I really prefer the addition download formats they offer (besides PDF, which is.. let's face it, the most useless use of a computer ever... emulating paper?!?!)

additionally, I feel their is an increasing trend towards i-devices which I am a little perturbed by.. howabout an EPUB and/or MOBI optimized version LXF people? I don't feel it's essential to register it to the amazon whispernet and all that cruft...

And that, is the end of my mini-rant (i think)

Stewart
tomcraig

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Digital Version of "Linux Format" / DVD Contents Reply with quote

I would like to have access to the sample files mentioned in the "Conquer the Command Line" article in the December 2011 "Linux Format". Is there any way for digital subscribers to access files such as this without having purchased the print version of the magazine with DVD?
Ben

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomcraig

The files for the tutorials (and, if you wish, the entire DVD) is downloadable from the LXF archives. The Conquer the Comandline issue (151) is here: http://linuxformat.com/archives?issue=151. These files are public so you can download them regardless of whether you're a subscriber.

Cheers,

Ben
Brian Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave old copies of the magazine around Ninja style. If you are going to the dentist, stuff a few in your bag and drop them off. Leave a few lying about staff rooms in work ect.

Try not to get caught though. Not for any other reason than it's more fun.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: