Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LXFDVD155 missing softcopy of magazine content

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monohedron

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: LXFDVD155 missing softcopy of magazine content Reply with quote

Hi there,

I had a look around and I can't seem to find anything about it but on my copy of LXFDVD155 appears to be no soft-copy of the magazines content on the DVD. I left the mag at home and only through the DVD into the laptop bag, now I'm surprised that I can't continue to read on where I left of.
Can you please let me know whether the magazine content is supposed to be on the DVD or not?

Thanks and regards,
monohedron
Rhakios

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the magazine content is not on the DVD. If you are a subscriber you can download pdfs of the magazine from this area of the web site, but you will need your subscriber ID, which is on the address label/flyer that comes packaged with the magazine.

I'm inclined to think that getting all the current issue's magazine content on the DVD would make the news section even less current, given th inevitable delays involved in production.
monohedron

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rhakios,

thanks for that. I'll consider picking up one of theses subscriptions, that's something I had on my mind for a while now. I just like the print media, it's far better for swatting flies and ripping up for notes :O.

Thanks and regards,
monohedron
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you take out a print subscription you get access to digital (PDF) copies of the magazine.

The DVD is completed before the magazine, so it would be impossible to include it on the DVD. Anyway, the DVDs already come with a copy of the magazine stuck to the back of them Wink
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: