Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SpaceFM: A multi-tabbed, multi-paned light file manager

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Farcry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: SpaceFM: A multi-tabbed, multi-paned light file manager Reply with quote

A test version of the new SpaceFM file manager has been released, but it is certainly usable and reliable enough already to become the default on my Arch Linux + Openbox systems. With multiple tabs, up to four panes and very light dependencies (such as GTK2 and optionally Udisks), SpaceFM packs a lot of function in little disk space and memory. But, it has an outstandingly innovative extra punch: its Design Mode lets you customize menus, icons, tools (and integration with Bash), etc until your heart is content!

I think this is one of the most useful developments I've come across in a long while. It certainly seems to be leaving some of the alternatives standing in its wake ...
Smile
Farcry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: How's SpaceFM going for you ...? Reply with quote

Wow, 294 views of my initial post without a single reply yet! Does this mean that you are all deliriously happy with SpaceFM (now at version 0.7), or maybe that you can't build it or get the current packages working ... ?!
I am intrigued!
Wink
Rhakios

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it means you put this in Announcements, which implies it doesn't necessarily require discussion.
Or, maybe people read the item and just said to themselves, "JAFM, sigh!" and moved on. Wink
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: