Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PHP In a Nutshell

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> LXF Blog Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nordle
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: PHP In a Nutshell Reply with quote

Hudzilla, congrats on the new book (its on the xmas list now Smile )

Quite a few books get postings on /. although It certainly raises the profile, and is a good guage as to how well it may do, as most seem to say "oh great another xyz hello world book, sais nothing new yawn" But some get positive feedback. Worth a punt?

LXF, greek, german and now russian, is LXF taking over the world!
Hudzilla
Site admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: RE: PHP In a Nutshell Reply with quote

Nordle,

Anyone can write a Slashdot book review - why can't it be you? Drop O'Reilly a line, say you want to review it, and you'll probably get the first copy of the book for free Wink

Paul
nordle
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject: RE: PHP In a Nutshell Reply with quote

Bung me 10 quid and I'll say its the best book I've ever read, providing the most useful stuff ever, and has directly contributed to me creating a php fortune 500 company Smile

Of course , I don't doubt that any of this is true. Unfortunately Im the worlds slowest reader, so the review would not be done til next June!
Rhakios

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: RE: PHP In a Nutshell Reply with quote

10 quid?! You're cheap nordle, what could I get you to do for twenty? Wink
nordle
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: PHP In a Nutshell Reply with quote

Rhakios wrote:
10 quid?! You're cheap nordle, what could I get you to do for twenty? Wink

Give you 10 change Smile
RD
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: PHP In a Nutshell Reply with quote

lol
Rhakios

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: PHP In a Nutshell Reply with quote

So honest!

Most people would say, "What you gave me twenty? Nah! You only gave me ten."
Smile
evilnick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: PHP In a Nutshell Reply with quote

Rhakios wrote:

Most people would say, "What you gave me twenty? Nah! You only gave me ten."
Smile

too true.

BTW where's that Fifty you owe me?
Rhakios

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: PHP In a Nutshell Reply with quote

Still chasing that 50p? I thought you'd let that go. Never mind, I'll buy you a half pint next time I see you Wink
nordle
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: PHP In a Nutshell Reply with quote

Rhakios wrote:
Still chasing that 50p? I thought you'd let that go. Never mind, I'll buy you a half pint next time I see you Wink

50p for half a pint, fantastic, down here thats 1.50, which by my calculations means Nick owes Rhakios a quid, which is the same cost as a winning lottery ticket, so in all fairness, evilnick owes Rhakios about 4.5million!

When evilnick pays up, Rhakios I expect my financial advisors fee of a tenner Smile
Rhakios

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nordle, I was just trying to make it up to him for having to wait so long.

And it's not as though I expect to have the opportunity to have to make good on the promise - hypothetical half pints cost whatever you like. Wink
View previous topic :: View next topic  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> LXF Blog Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: