Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

creating a Knoppix CD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ieuan65

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: creating a Knoppix CD Reply with quote

Is it possible to create a CD with the KNOPPIX software on the LXF73 DVD. As there aren't any detailed instructions I've tried to create an image (on a windows 2000 PC) with the mkimage executables that are in the KNOPPIX directory. These create a file called KNOPPIX.IMG at whatever size you specify. I chose to create an image of 700 mb to fit on a CD, assuming that it would include the kernel and anything else that could be squeezed into the 700mb. I then burned the image onto a CD using NERO. My PC won't boot from this CD.

What am I doing wrong?
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: RE: creating a Knoppix CD Reply with quote

No, I'm afraid there is no way -- at least, no officially documented one. When the Knoppix cover DVD was sent off to press, the CD version of Knoppix 4 hadn't been released, so there was no way for us to even attempt a Jigdo system (unlikely to work, given the differences between the DVD and CD versions).

M
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: