Sabayon ebuild problems

The place to post if you need help or advice

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Sabayon ebuild problems

Postby blundakat » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:23 pm

Hello

Im a pretty new to Sabayon/Gentoo and Im trying to get to grips with ebuilds.

I have successfully manifested it but when I go to emerge it it tells me "Cannot find \$EPATCH_SOURCE!"

I have had a look where it is looking for the patch:

"Called epatch '/usr/local/portage/www-client/httrack/files/httrack-3.44.1+zlib-1.2.5.1.patch'"

and there isnt even a "files" directory just the ebuild and manifest. Im guessing its not downloading the patches at all? I could just remove the epatch from the ebuild but I would like to know how to go about trouble shooting this.
blundakat

Postby nelz » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:14 pm

The ebuild doesn't download the patch, it should be in the ebuild's files directory already. Small patch files (i.e. most of them) are kept in the portage tree, only very large patches (say > 20K) are downloaded during merging.

The path you give looks like a local overlay, is this an ebuild you downloaded from the bugzilla or forums? If so, you need to go back and get the patch file and put it in the files directory.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Postby blundakat » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:29 pm

Yeah, I got it from http://gentoo-portage.com. I cant see the links to download the patches with the ebuild, or do I have to find the patches myself?
blundakat

Postby nelz » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:41 pm

There's no need to download ebuilds, both 3.44 and 3.45 are in the standard portage tree.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Postby blundakat » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:48 pm

But if I emerge it now it trys to emerge the ebuild, How do I stop it from doing that?

I would still like to know where I would get the epatches from in the future.

Thanks for your help.
blundakat

Postby nelz » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:01 pm

That's because the overlay takes priority. Either remove the ebuild or edit it to comment out the KEYWORDS line. The patches should be with the ebuild, you are not expected to supply them separately. If the source of the ebuild does not also provide a link to download the patches, it is broken.

The ebuild and the contents of the files directory are a single entity and are useless without each other.
nelz
Site admin

Return to Help!