Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any Open-Source Client Management Software for Freelancers?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gr1zzly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Any Open-Source Client Management Software for Freelancers? Reply with quote

Hi, I know this isn't specifically a linux issue but I was wondering...

Does anyone know of any free, open-source client management software that's good for freelancers? (I'm a web developer)

Just a fairly basic PHP/MySQL solution for keeping track of client details, jobs and invoices. Possibly invoice generation too, but not essential.

I don't know if CRM is the right thing or not? Most of these seem to be sales based (not appropriate to my needs). I've looked at Tryton (http://www.tryton.org/en/) but that's a full-scale ERP and seems very complex.

Thanks in advance!
johnhudson
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on what you mean by 'jobs' - if you mean individual jobs rather than tracking progress - gnucash will probably do all you need - though I know it is not exactly what you may have thought of for such a task.
gr1zzly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John, thanks very much, you're right I'd not have thought of that but it's a great idea!

Installed it this morning and I'm starting to explore it's features, looks like a great piece of software! Although it's not necessarily ideal for my needs it is at least functional for now to enable me to keep a track of my client (and personal) accounts.

In the long run though I would like a piece of software that I can track individual jobs, set milestones and possibly produce reports, gantt charts etc. so I'm open to other suggestions from people.

Many thanks!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: