Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fedora Core 3 - Network Server

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob G

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Fedora Core 3 - Network Server Reply with quote

Hi,

I have quite a large problem with a linux server i am trying to set up, running Fedora Core 3. It's aim is to run as a File (samba) server, print server and a Domian Controller. I had it setup and working for 15 windows computers, came in one morning and the kernel bootup had failed, GREAT, fedora core 3 DVD out. I have reinstalled it BUT, I have setup the samba settings all ok. when i came to acess the server from the Windows 2000 pcs it found the server but said "The network path was not found." then it dissapered off the network. I know how to do all the print stuff, BUT does anyone out there know how i can setup the whole network as a domian, with the server a the domian controller. This is a running project at the local scout group and we need it working soon, any help will be VERY greatfully taken. Very Happy

Cheers,

Rob Gloess
1st Kesgrave Scout Group Network Admin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: