Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Port Fowarding using Huawei HG523a

View previous topic :: View next topic  
medworthy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Port Fowarding using Huawei HG523a Reply with quote

I have just signed up with Talktalk ISP, they have sent me a Huawei HG523a router. I also have a LAMP server on my internal network and have registered with no-ip Dynamic-DNS.

I would like to have this server open to the WWW, so that I can use a groupware application (egroupware) and Nagios services from outside of my network, but after forwarding port 80 on my modem/router and incorporating the LAMP sever into the no-ip service, I try to connect via an external computer and find that the DNS service displays my router admin screen.

I can't find any way of changing the port of the modem from 80 to 8080 (or any other port) and therefore can't access my LAMP setup from any external source.

I am slowly going insane with this problem, so if anybody could shed some light, I would be eternally grateful.

Regards, Mark Edworthy
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd ditch the router ASAP. any router that allows access to the configuration page from the WAN by default sounds like a security nightmare.
medworthy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would if I could, but cost implications would suggest that I can't at the moment!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: