Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ubuntu 12.04.1 misbehaviour
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catgate wrote:
Would it be effective if I type the names of many of our politician into it?

Only on election day Wink
catgate
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More comedy.
Since the upgrade, just occasionally, the printer (DX5000) would print the top half of the first line of text (or image) and then stop. When restarted, it would print the remainder on a new page.... or not ... depending upon its mood. If it did not print the remainder it would be shown as Held on the Active Print Jobs panel and any further progress seemed to be dependant on clearing the Held notification.
This morning management set it to print four copies of a document.
It printed the first copy normally. It then printed the upper half of the text on the top line of the second copy and then stopped.
I had just started to navigate to the Active Print Jobs panel to see what I could see when the printer fired up again and printed a complete second copy (or was it the third), closely followed by the next.
So we had three copies out of her required four.
I told it to print again and up came the print control panel, but before I could enter anything on the panel the printer started producing a copy. ….("well we have our four now", I thought).
I entered “1” on the printer control panel thinking this might ensure it only produced one copy. But, as you have guessed we ended up with five in total.
In my humble opinion “summat's up”.
The printed has worked flawlessly for a few years both with 8.04 and 10.04 in conjunction with OpenOffice, but now we appear to have another problem to accompany one above.

HELP !!!!
catgate
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since my last contribution to this long taradiddle there have been at least three batches of updates. It appeares as though the odd things that were happening now seem to have ceased. Sadly it leaves a big question mark over what was causing it all, but on the other hand sometimes ignorance is bliss.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: