Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Readynas os partition full

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pk_fox
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Readynas os partition full Reply with quote

Hi there, I'm trying to update the firmware on my Readynas and keep receiving an error that the upgrade file has an invalid checksum, on Googling, this is down to the system partition being full - using df it indeed reports /dev/md0 as 100% used, my question is, how do I free some space up ? I have backups but can really do without wiping and restoring. Any ideas ?

Edit

All sorted it was my backup - my external HDD wasn't mounted where it should be so my backup somehow wrote to the system partition until it was full up, Deleted the backup and all is fine.
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your backup program wrote to the mount point. As the drive wasn't mounted, this was in the root filesystem. Are you using a script to run your backups? If so, have it check that the backup device is mounted before it proceeds. Something like

Code:
mount | grep -q /mnt/backup || exit 1

pk_fox
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nelz wrote:
Your backup program wrote to the mount point. As the drive wasn't mounted, this was in the root filesystem. Are you using a script to run your backups? If so, have it check that the backup device is mounted before it proceeds. Something like

Code:
mount | grep -q /mnt/backup || exit 1

Hi Nelz, that's exactly what happened, thanks for the tip.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: