Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In the wild 18 months now & still undetected!!! lmfa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex01UK
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: In the wild 18 months now & still undetected!!! lmfa Reply with quote

In the wild 18 months now & still undetected!!! lmfa. It's won of those wons that they are really frightened of. The Facebook rootkit selection..... Wink Cool

--
DARF ''Benjamin'' Kenobi.
www.newmatrixism.com
tB.xx

''I am what I am, because we are what we are.''
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wyliecoyoteuk
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean one or won?
one=1
won = succeeded

oh and by the way "new" only has a "k" in front of it when referring to having past knowledge. Cool

Alex01UK
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wyliecoyoteuk wrote:
Do you mean one or won?
one=1
won = succeeded

oh and by the way "new" only has a "k" in front of it when referring to having past knowledge. Cool

I know! I was taking the piss; only messin' You know, Messing around, Having A laugh, duck king about, PLAYING!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wyliecoyoteuk
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not playing, just posting cr*p spellings which mean nothing, or at least make you seem stupid. And just irritates people.
Using the wrong spellings just corrupts your meaning and makes you look a ***t.
There is far too much misunderstanding on the internet as it is without people deliberately screwing things up.

You'll be posting sad l33t stuff next. Sad

Rhakios

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See Off Topic for the theory that Alex01UK is a sock puppet of 1sf (troll). Wink
Alex01UK
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wyliecoyoteuk wrote:
No, not playing, just posting cr*p spellings which mean nothing, or at least make you seem stupid. And just irritates people.
Using the wrong spellings just corrupts your meaning and makes you look a ***t.
There is far too much misunderstanding on the internet as it is without people deliberately screwing things up.

You'll be posting sad l33t stuff next. Sad

Do you have a problem with this? Wink Cool
Can you keep a secret? I bummed Porl last knight... Wink Cool
Only messin'! :; Cool

Alex01UK
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Zero Dayz ****! Reply with quote

You'll be posting sad l33t stuff next.

Zero dayz **** @Fairlight / Where Dreams Are Conceived.

A long time ago; when I was an IT student...
--
Team Amiga - Class of '95
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to know I'm not the only one who has absolutely no idea what Alex01UK/Sinbad/Benjamin Kenobi/whatever is on about. I gave up trying to understand his strange posts ages ago...
Alex01UK
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M-Saunders wrote:
Glad to know I'm not the only one who has absolutely no idea what Alex01UK/Sinbad/Benjamin Kenobi/whatever is on about. I gave up trying to understand his strange posts ages ago...

Sorry for being unclear. Rootkit Viruses are what Windows users fear the most. They are described as being in the wild for a period of time before they are detected and solutions written for. ZuluKing is a ''malware'' that hacks your facebook account, steals all your contacts personal info, name date of birth, bank account details, messages etc & inboxes it all to me, and then removes all history. Nice won!
--
DARF ''Benjamin'' Kenobi.
www.newmatrixism.com
xx.tB

Alex01UK
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M-Saunders wrote:

Fairlight were a group of elite crackers on the Amiga scene back in the days '91 to '95 ish. I sold up and got a PC in '95.

Alex01UK
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wyliecoyoteuk wrote:

I no! Wink Cool

guy
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex01UK wrote:
Sorry for being unclear.

Really? Then why persist in perverting a perfectly clear language? In doing so you make yourself unclear to many if not all readers. Playing with silly pre-teen argot for the sake of it really does make you look like a ***t, somebody has to tell you. If you are sincere in your apology you will do yourself a genuine favour and stick to plain English.

Quote:
Rootkit Viruses are what Windows users fear the most. They are described as being in the wild for a period of time before they are detected and solutions written for. ZuluKing is a ''malware'' that hacks your facebook account, steals all your contacts personal info, name date of birth, bank account details, messages etc & inboxes it all to me, and then removes all history. Nice won!

You appear to be bragging that 18 months ago you personally broke the law quite seriously by releasing into the wild a Windows rootkit exploit which compromises the user's Facebook account and steals their private information - a serious criminal act (the Data Protection Act comes to mind).

Now I am less sure what responsibilities the LXF Admins have, both legal and moral, but if I were you I'd be considering my options.
Alex01UK
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guy wrote:
Alex01UK wrote:
Sorry for being unclear.

Really? Then why persist in perverting a perfectly clear language? In doing so you make yourself unclear to many if not all readers. Playing with silly pre-teen argot for the sake of it really does make you look like a ***t, somebody has to tell you. If you are sincere in your apology you will do yourself a genuine favour and stick to plain English.

Quote:
Rootkit Viruses are what Windows users fear the most. They are described as being in the wild for a period of time before they are detected and solutions written for. ZuluKing is a ''malware'' that hacks your facebook account, steals all your contacts personal info, name date of birth, bank account details, messages etc & inboxes it all to me, and then removes all history. Nice won!

You appear to be bragging that 18 months ago you personally broke the law quite seriously by releasing into the wild a Windows rootkit exploit which compromises the user's Facebook account and steals their private information - a serious criminal act (the Data Protection Act comes to mind).

Written as a proof of concept exercise to see if it is possible. I think, the main reason it's not been detected yet though, is more likely to be because nobody was stupid enough to install it! It works though; tested it on myself mostly...

Now I am less sure what responsibilities the LXF Admins have, both legal and moral, but if I were you I'd be considering my options.

My best option is to just do nothing. Absolutely nothing at all; just fade away; pretend it didn't happen. Nothing more than a figment of my imagination.

guy
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a matter of interest, what responsibilities do the LXF Admins have, both legal and contractual?

Should it get that far, the penalties for wasting police time can be quite serious. Not as bad as the penalties for data theft, though.

Last edited by guy on Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alex01UK
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Written as a proof of concept exercise to see if it is possible. I think, the main reason it's not been detected yet though, is more likely to be because nobody was stupid enough to install it!

Actually, I tell a lie {who me?} I know that nobody has installed it, because I haven't received anybody's details yet in my inbox, apart from my own. It works though; tested it on myself mostly...

I suppose now, I am guilty of fud etc! I thought it was a really neat idea though. Create a Linux distribution {Zulubuntu}, that when you install it, installs a rootkit exploit on your Windows partition! And now I am guitly of something definitely, because somebody will read this, and think hmmmmm, that's a really good idea and go out and do it....

I remember a long time ago when I wrote my first virus. It's was a .com file attached to an email in the sig, but as we all know, in the olden days .com meant the file was a command, exactly the same at a .exe file. So people click on the link thinking it is a website, and the file gets executed....

Sorry, won't do it again. It's not illegal I think to discuss items of this nature in a public forum though is it?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: