Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LXF177 DVD Download

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markdean

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: LXF177 DVD Download Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I missed something, but I noticed that the DVD is not available as a torrent for download for LXF177 (December 2013 Issue). This is one that has OS/4, LXLE, OpenLinux, etc. The only link is for the tutorial download. Is there something going on?

Thanks
lok1950
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at this post http://www.linuxformat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=113345#113345 it seems that there are some problems with the sever.

Enjoy the Choice Smile
markdean

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll try back later next week.

-md
markdean

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Still no torrent file/link for DVD download Reply with quote

markdean wrote:
Thanks, I'll try back later next week.

-md

I've noticed that the same problem with lxf180-there's no torrent file for the DVD. Was there some sort of deal that prohibited Linux Format from distributing DVDs electronically for these two issues? Note that I'm not talking about an issue downloading the DVD but just being able to download the .torrent file itself. There's no link or anything on the page for these two issues, 177 and 180.
ChrisThornett
Site admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a licensing thing at all. We've actually had some major filesystem problems with the torrent server.

It's not the ideal fix but LXF177 is on Archive.org - https://archive.org/details/cdrom-linux-format and most of the ISOs, in fact.

We're actually updating/fixing a lot of things on the servers, which has needed doing for a long, long time and I'm sorry it's affecting people's ability to access downloads etc, but we are getting things cleaned up.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: