Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Firefox 29

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fíona

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Firefox 29 Reply with quote

I've been using firefox for many years now and am particularly pleased with the security/privacy addons. Firefox 29 is making me very unhappy. First the australis or whatever it's called layout got me lost until the suggestion in these forums to use classic theme restorer. Then the video on the bbcnews site stopped working (flash 11.2.202.356) then the layout of the site started to look like a toddler had designed it and now I have discovered that I can't log into my work via citrix.
Happily midori solves most of these problems but what a pity that such a good browser has become such a mess!
catgate
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Firefox 29 Reply with quote

Fíona wrote:
I've been using firefox for many years now and am particularly pleased with the security/privacy addons. Firefox 29 is making me very unhappy................................................................ but what a pity that such a good browser has become such a mess!

You have reminded me of an incident many years ago. During a Management meeting at the company where I earned my crust, one of the managers was proposing a new method of producing a certain product, which would have reduced the number of people working on the process considerably and at the same time increased the chance of faulty product being made and packed.
I was Quality Assurance and Technical Services Manager and it was quite apparent that the scheme was a none starter, so I said "I'm sorry, Tony, but I am going to have to veto that one."
He then came out with a priceless statement......"Oh, no!...you have to realise that all improvements are not necessarily for the good!"
I wonder if he now works for Mozilla
ajgreeny
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Firefox 29 Reply with quote

Fíona wrote:
I've been using firefox for many years now and am particularly pleased with the security/privacy addons. Firefox 29 is making me very unhappy. First the australis or whatever it's called layout got me lost until the suggestion in these forums to use classic theme restorer. Then the video on the bbcnews site stopped working (flash 11.2.202.356) then the layout of the site started to look like a toddler had designed it and now I have discovered that I can't log into my work via citrix.
Happily midori solves most of these problems but what a pity that such a good browser has become such a mess!

BBC News videos are still working here on FF 29 with the Classic Theme Restorer and flash version 11.2.202.359.

I wonder if you being in the Netherlands is the problem with these videos?
Fíona

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi agjreeny,

While some bbc videos never worked due to me being "outside the territory", other, mainly news video's did work. I tried out an older lxf live distro dvd with an older version of the flashplayer and that did work. This problem has probable more to do with the flashplayer than firefox however other problems are more likely related to ff.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: