Linux tutorial site

Community announcements - software releases, LUG meetings etc.

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Linux tutorial site

Postby NotTouch » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:20 am

Hi guys,

I've created a website that covers the basics of Linux: http://linux-bible.com. The content is still being added. If someone is willing to contribute please contact me at info@linux-bible.com.

Thanks!
NotTouch

Postby MadTux » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:20 am

Looks good! You might want to change that table of contents on the left to fold up or something; it's a bit of a bore already to get down to the lower entries. I like the explanations of words *we* find normal, like Linux distros.

Tiny suggestion: less isn't a test editor. You know, small stuff like that. But, I will recommend the site to a friend of mine who is just starting Linux. (With Arch on an old laptop. :twisted: )
" Drinking the wrong kind of alcohol can cause headaches or death " -- from my chemistry class
MadTux

Postby ChrisThornett » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:58 am

Moved to announcements.
ChrisThornett
Site admin

Postby NotTouch » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:47 am

MadTux wrote:Looks good! You might want to change that table of contents on the left to fold up or something; it's a bit of a bore already to get down to the lower entries. I like the explanations of words *we* find normal, like Linux distros.

Tiny suggestion: less isn't a test editor. You know, small stuff like that. But, I will recommend the site to a friend of mine who is just starting Linux. (With Arch on an old laptop. :twisted: )

You are right about less, I will change that. Tnx!
NotTouch

Return to Announcements