Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Separated at Birth... ?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> LXF Blog Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nigel
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Separated at Birth... ? Reply with quote

Sorry, Mike, but this one's totally lost on me as I don't recognise either of the gentlemen who's pictures appear in the blog.

Interesting poetic piece... whatever you were on when you wrote it, I want some Very Happy
crispibits
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: RE: Separated at Birth... ? Reply with quote

You don't recognise the Smiths? - blimey, you must be either less than 30 or more than 50. Although I've just noticed you come from Gloucester, so that may the reason as well <runs and hides/>
Rhakios

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: RE: Separated at Birth... ? Reply with quote

Well, the chap at the bottom is Morrisey, a once famous popular music icon, waved flowers about and moaned a lot IIRC. The other chap might be the same Gregory you can see with a skin-head further down the page, or might not.
Nigel
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: RE: Separated at Birth... ? Reply with quote

I'm certainly over 30... but not quite 50 yet. I wasn't into the Smiths - thought they were too far up themselves. Having refreshed my memory via Wikipedia, I can't say I've any great desire to revisit their stuff. If the other pic is Gregory, no wonder he shaved his head Smile

crispibits - it's OK, I don't come from Gloucestershire, just ended up here. At the time the Smiths were around I was resident in Bournemouth, then Norway, then Berkshire.

Nigel.
Hudzilla
Site admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: RE: Separated at Birth... ? Reply with quote

The other chap is Andrew Gregory, our cunning little production monkey. He's directly responsible for all mistakes in the magazine, even the technical ones - it's all his fault! In fact, all the typos on these forums are his fault too!
Nigel
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: RE: Separated at Birth... ? Reply with quote

Well, apologies to Andrew... the pic is not exactly flattering ! Smile
andychannelle
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: RE: Separated at Birth... ? Reply with quote

I'm glad at least one of the team is keeping The Smiths dream alive. Everybody else their like Traffic (or something)...
Nigel
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: RE: Separated at Birth... ? Reply with quote

What, Traffic as in the 60's band with Jim Capaldi & Steve Winwood that did "Hole in My Shoe" & "Paper Sun"?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> LXF Blog Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: