Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Firefox problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jer1ch0
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Firefox problem Reply with quote

Using Suse 9.2 and just after installing Firefox. It installed it to my home directory and doesn't automatically put a shortcut in the start menu.
Where should it be installed to and how about getting that shortcut?

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: RE: Firefox problem Reply with quote

Open the Firefox folder in your Home directory. find the Firefox icon and drag it to your launch panel. Works just fine from there.
jer1ch0
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: RE: Firefox problem Reply with quote

Cheers, that works fine and I should have thought of it. Is the Firefox program folder ok in my home directory? It doesn't seem right.
towy71

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: RE: Firefox problem Reply with quote

you didn't say how you installed it so at a guess you might not have installed it with root privileges, so the only place you could install it is in your home directory, but that is fine too as long as you know its there and don't "accidently" delete it Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: RE: Firefox problem Reply with quote

Yea, I installed it as a normal user. If I had installed it as root, would it have put it into other (more appropriate) directories?
fingers99
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: RE: Firefox problem Reply with quote

Yes. As would have installing it from the SuSE rpm -- except the latter would have made it rather easier to upgrade.
fdsfsdf

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Firefox problem Reply with quote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: