Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mandrake Move

View previous topic :: View next topic  
acraigon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Mandrake Move Reply with quote

I have been trying to use a purchased copy of mandrake move on a low spec machine - Dell Optiplex Gx1 400mhz 128mb ram and deskjet 930 printer. The system boots up ok but when I try and print something even though it recognises the printer it prints out sheets of blank paper. Any idea what is happening? All printer settings seem fine.
motub

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: RE: Mandrake Move Reply with quote

Stupid question, but does the printer have ink? Or, are you trying to print using a setting that doesn't have ink (like Photo or Color, assuming that the printer is black-and white only)?

The settings would seem to be "fine" insofar as the printer is apparently recognized and data is (supposedly) being sent to it, so the problem is most likely in the specific configuration rather than the connection itself. The other possibility is that the data isn't getting there, but that might have to do with just what program you're trying to print from-- have you tried printing a simple text file located on your HDD, or are you trying to print a web page, or from OpenOffice.org? Knowing if the printer works correctly under some conditions but not others would be useful.

Since you're using MandrakeMove (which is a LiveCD distro), I assume you have some other OS on your HDD. Which one is that, and does the printer operate correctly under those conditions? Does it require any special "tweaks" under the other OS (special drivers, manufacturer's utility, whatever)?

Lastly, just what are your printer settings, and have you cheked the Mandrake-- I mean, Mandriva-- site for any information as to whether this is a known issue with your version of Mandrake Move and your model of printer?

Hope this is to some degree helpful.
towy71

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: RE: Mandrake Move Reply with quote

Mandrake is a bit flaky with printing I don't know why but it just is try deleting the printer and setting it up again, this worked for me in the past!
oh and welcome back Holly Wink
Dick
motub

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: RE: Mandrake Move Reply with quote

Very Happy It's good to be back, even if your tip/solution is better (and easier to implement) than mine... It could still be all about the ink, though.... Very Happy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: