Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

can I change my username?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pins
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: can I change my username? Reply with quote

um, thats all. just wondering. faroutsonoflung is a bit long. didn't think I was going to be on here so much. Would rather not make a new account.
mugstar
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: RE: can I change my username? Reply with quote

Firefox will 'remember' your username & password if you enable it to - dunno about other browsers...
pins
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: RE: can I change my username? Reply with quote

I don't mean I'm having a problem with logging in. I mean, can I cahnge the screen name or nickname associated with my account.
thanks tho.
mugstar
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: RE: can I change my username? Reply with quote

Ah. I thought you meant "I'm getting sick of typing it".

Would that be Haggerston with the big caravan park?
Flea
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: RE: can I change my username? Reply with quote

You could just sign up a new account and say something like "yo dudes, this is faroutsonoflung, like my new username?" maybe? I dunno.
Rhakios

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: RE: can I change my username? Reply with quote

Or, you could try sending a grovelling message to lxfadmin. No guarantee it will work though.
pins
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: RE: can I change my username? Reply with quote

mugstar> I haven't seen any caravan parks. it's hagerston near dalston in hackney, london. I just thik putting london is non-descrpitive cos its so big. plus haggerston sounds really cool.
flea> I'd rather not make a new account and lose my vast record of 21! (count em) posts, plus fill the sites DB with useless duplication. I was rather hoping M-Saunders would notice the thread and offer to change it for me, as he's the site admin. but I guess I'll do what rhakios suggests and grovel.
mugstar
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: RE: can I change my username? Reply with quote

The Haggerston I was thinking of is in rural Northumberland, just south of Berwick Upon Tweed. Bit of a different place from Hackney... !
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: RE: can I change my username? Reply with quote

faroutsonoflung, drop me an email with the username you want, and I'll see what I can do.

M
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: