Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New forums

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: New forums Reply with quote

Lo all,

I've added a couple of new forums to the site. The first, 'Other OS', can be used for discussing and getting help on non-Linux operating systems such as FreeBSD, OS X and Solaris. And Syllable Smile

There's also an 'Off Topic' forum for stuff unrelated to computing, such as snooker players and the best way to construct a spice rack. Get chatting!

Mike
Dave2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: New forums Reply with quote

M-Saunders wrote:
There's also an 'Off Topic' forum for stuff unrelated to computing, such as snooker players and the best way to construct a spice rack. Get chatting!

Does that include "How to lose spectacularly at pool"? Razz
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: New forums Reply with quote

Ah, that didn't affect me, honest. It matters not who won or lost, but how you play the game! It's the taking part that counts.

(*whisper* must... never... lose... again...)

M
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: RE: Re: New forums Reply with quote

Update:

In order to reduce clutter in the forum list, I've merged 'Mobile' into 'Help', and joined the 'Magazine' and 'Coverdiscs' sections. All the old posts remain!

M
comcamel
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: New forums Reply with quote

one suggestion for the forum, could it be possible to change the colour of the phpbb quick reply box from orange to blue as it is really annoying
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: New forums Reply with quote

Go into My Account and change the theme to ExtraLite. It's much less annoying all round, and much faster.
linix

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Re: New forums Reply with quote

nelz wrote:
Go into My Account and change the theme to ExtraLite. It's much less annoying all round, and much faster.

Hi nelz,

Cheers for that insight, i had not considered to change that but it's much better now.

I have added a sig so that when i have to ask questions my comp is there for info only.

Cheers Nick
linix

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Re: New forums Reply with quote

linix wrote:
nelz wrote:

Hi nelz,

Cheers for that insight, i had not considered to change that but it's much better now.

I have added a sig so that when i have to ask questions my comp is there for info only.

Cheers Nick

Ooops, Embarassed Except it has not worked !
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: