Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum site suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
overflow
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Forum site suggestions Reply with quote

Any chance of making the masthead just a teeny bit smaller? I know you like to promote yourself but 170 pixels high is a big chunk of page.

Also, it is possible, by inserting long strings of unbroken characters or long URLs in a post to extend the central column of the page way beyond its normal width, so that the page has to be scrolled sideways to view it all.

If each post was enveloped in its own width-limited div (with scroll bars if necessary) then wide posts would only affect themselves and not the whole page.

Other than that, it's all hard to fault. Very Happy
Rhakios

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Forum site suggestions Reply with quote

overflow wrote:

Also, it is possible, by inserting long strings of unbroken characters or long URLs in a post to extend the central column of the page way beyond its normal width, so that the page has to be scrolled sideways to view it all.

If each post was enveloped in its own width-limited div (with scroll bars if necessary) then wide posts would only affect themselves and not the whole page.

Other than that, it's all hard to fault. Very Happy

It's also possible to avoid this by using the BBCode url tags, if anyone can be bothered.
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: RE: Re: Forum site suggestions Reply with quote

Hrm, I don't think the top bar is too big -- I'd agree if it was a static frame or something that always ate up screen space. What does everyone else think?

As for the forums, that's rare but it can be annoying, so I'll have a look Smile

M
jjmac
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: RE: Re: Forum site suggestions Reply with quote

Or, look into a cached page for the style sheet being used, wget it, customise it and store somewhere accessable locally. If your browser allows for custom style sheet over-rides.

I find it a little cumbersome to read generally untill i log in. Up to that point the page is very wide amd all the text is center flushed.

jm

The FVWM wm -=- www.fvwm.org -=-

Somebody stole my air guitar, It happened just the other day,
But it's ok, 'cause i've got a spare ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: