Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Netgear WG511T Wireless card on Fedora Core 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daltic

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Netgear WG511T Wireless card on Fedora Core 5 Reply with quote

I am using a Netgear WG511T wireless LAN card on my notebook. I used up until a couple of days ago OpenSuse 10.0 and the card worked straight out of the box just fine. However, after reading last issue of Linuxformat I decided to give Fedora Core 5 a go. All works great except for my WiFi card. Fedora ignores the card completely. If it works under OpenSuse, I assume there is a Linux driver for the card. That was one of the reasons why I bought this card in first place. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: RE: Netgear WG511T Wireless card on Fedora Core 5 Reply with quote

Do you still have SUSE installed? If so, post the output from lspci and lsmod.
daltic

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: RE: Netgear WG511T Wireless card on Fedora Core 5 Reply with quote

No, I do not have SuSe installed at this time. I replased it by Fedora Core 5.
Steogede
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: RE: Netgear WG511T Wireless card on Fedora Core 5 Reply with quote

LinuxQuestions has quite a an interesting thread on this http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=437253

It seems that there is a Linux driver, but for whatever reason it isn't included with Fedora Core 5 - most likely due to licensing complications.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: