Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beginning GIMP - From Novice to Professional
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flashdangerpants
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Beginning GIMP - From Novice to Reply with quote

for what purpose? have you made a small electric invalid carriage for your hamster?
shifty_ben
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Beginning GIMP - From Novice to Reply with quote

No my last hamster died when i was 7, it had a rather nasty incident with a hoover (I must point out that it was not deliberate, it just escaped at an unfortunate time) The motors are quite useful for making trains (of the small electric variety) most of my family are really into that kind of thing so i do make the odd one as presents.
spottedcat
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Beginning GIMP - From Novice to Professional Reply with quote

Look, don't get me wrong here. I really enjoy reading the chat on threads I've started (on all threads for that matter) and I'm as guilty as any for going way off-topic, but these are the OT subjects I've found so far:

Unexpected product lines from Amazon
Pedantry
Horticulture
Latin grammar
Music notation
Vector Linux
Rebuilding computers
Geek projects
Hamsters

We can do better than this, can't we? Very Happy What about white elephants (or pink ones for that matter), flying pigs, the meaning of life, when M$ will collapse, curry recipes, putting shelves up, whether green olives taste better than black ones,......

Any other ideas? Wink
Rhakios

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: RE: Beginning GIMP - From Novice to Professional Reply with quote

spottedcat wrote:
putting shelves up

Ah, my forté - lots of books you see. Wink

Last edited by Rhakios on Sun May 21, 2006 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
shifty_ben
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: RE: Beginning GIMP - From Novice to Professional Reply with quote

Quote:
curry recipes,

Using the correct blend of Hot curry powder, and ordinary curry powder allows you to create a curry that not only tastes hot but leaves the delicious flavour in your throat for about an hour afterwards. Oh and raisins are a necessary addition Wink

And all olives taste horrible.

How far through the book are you now? is it still as good as it started out?
spottedcat
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Beginning GIMP - From Novice to Professional Reply with quote

shifty_ben wrote:
How far through the book are you now? is it still as good as it started out?

Onto layers now. It's all beginning to make sense. Very good book.

shifty_ben wrote:
And all olives taste horrible.

Shocked Shocked

Oh no, no, no. Home-made bread, home-made houmous, salad tomatoes, and large green olives.

Heaven!
shifty_ben
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Beginning GIMP - From Novice to Professional Reply with quote

With you up until the olives, got force fed them as a kid and I can't stand them even now. I can just about eat them on pizza but thats about it.

And the meaning of life is simple, to prevent people from selling their soul to Bill Gates, it is a continuation and adaptation of what the church has done for centuries Wink
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: