MEPIS 3

Comments, suggestions and questions about Linux Format magazine and the coverdiscs

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

MEPIS 3

Postby psychologist » Tue May 31, 2005 3:49 pm

I bought two magazines with MEPIS 3 on....Linux Format APRIL 2005 and APC (Australian Personal Computer) MAY 2005 ...............extracted the ISO's and tried to boot from them....................both come up with an intact intro screen to make choices for the type of installation. However, the screen suddenly goes fuzzy, as though the software is addressing wrong screen resolution and I end up with four screens on the one.......each with their set of identical icons, including mouse pointer, entry fields etc...........

How do I get the software to address the correct screen resolution?

In addition, when I get to the login screen (replete with all four presentations across the screen) it requires a username and password...........I haven't assigned one.............cannot find a readme file on the boot disk so cannot determine if a password or username is provided.

Is anyone able to help please? If so, as well as posting to the forum would you send me a direct answer on psychologist@in.com.au please? Many thanks

The Mad Psych
psychologist

RE: MEPIS 3

Postby ryptyde » Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:51 am

The SimplyMEPIS 3.3 test 1 that shipped with the DVD is a "live distro".
When you get to the login screen you are given two choices,login
as "demo" or "root". To log-in as "demo" type "demo" as the username
and also as the password.The same goes for "root".

When the bootloader screen first shows hit a key and the load process
will halt and there are some options and possible "cheatcodes" to pass
on to the kernel that may get you fixed up and running properly.
ryptyde

Return to Magazine and coverdiscs