MikeOS

Discuss LXF Team Blog entries here

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

MikeOS

Postby crispibits » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:10 pm

So, can we expect to see it on next month's coverdisc? More to the point, if you're getting *that* involved, are we likely to ever actually to see any more coverdisc, or other articles by Mr Saunders?

I'm just waiting for the next HotPicks:

MikeOS
    Floppy Driver for MikeOS
    vga driver for MikeOS

Aside from that, well done, and muchos geek points to you sir, I tip my hat. By the way, are you lot going to move into the new Future buildings over the river next to Quasar? Just noticed the sign up today...
I'm not a spammer - honest!
crispibits
LXF regular

Re: MikeOS

Postby M-Saunders » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:04 am

crispibits wrote:More to the point, if you're getting *that* involved, are we likely to ever actually to see any more coverdisc, or other articles by Mr Saunders?

Naturally! Except they'll all be for MikeOS Format :-)

crispibits wrote:
    Floppy Driver for MikeOS
    vga driver for MikeOS

I've already got some VGA graphics demos running using BIOS calls. But in order to call the BIOS, I've got to code in 16-bit real mode, which ain't fun!

Aside from that, well done, and muchos geek points to you sir, I tip my hat. By the way, are you lot going to move into the new Future buildings over the river next to Quasar? Just noticed the sign up today...

The location of LXF Towers is top secret. Even I don't know where it is! I just clamber into a long tunnel near the train station, and eventually emerge in the LXF Dungeon where I graft away on the discs and website.

As for that building you mention, it's been Future's for a couple of years now; they've just started putting bigger signs up :-)

M
M-Saunders
LXF regular

RE: Re: MikeOS

Postby Vanders » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:02 am

That's it Mike, you're tainted for life now. There is no going back; you shall forever know what the A20 line is and what a GDT and LDT are, some of the lesser horrors that lurk within. You shall never again be able to watch a computer boot without a small part of your brain mentally walking through the boot process. You have been exposed to the terrible secrets of space...
Vanders

Postby crispibits » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:44 am

in order to call the BIOS, I've got to code in 16-bit real mode

I must say, I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'm sure you'll let us know when you've done it :-)
As for the location of LXF Towers, I notice that Future put up signs all over Bath. I guess this done to confuse the enemy in a similar way to the removal of signposts during WWII...
I'm not a spammer - honest!
crispibits
LXF regular

Re: MikeOS

Postby marco » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:05 pm

M-Saunders wrote:The location of LXF Towers is top secret. Even I don't know where it is! I just clamber into a long tunnel near the train station, and eventually emerge in the LXF Dungeon where I graft away on the discs and website.

Bath sounds guite interesting. I should probably go there to have a look at the dungeon at the train station :-)
marco
LXF regular

Postby GMorgan » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:34 pm

You should see if you can get to version 13 before the HURD gets released.
GMorgan
LXF regular

Return to LXF Blog Comments