Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Table cell width

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjmac
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Table cell width Reply with quote

Nice to see the new site, much smoother.

But why such a wide Quick Reply edit box ?

At my end, it forces the table cell width to spread out to wide. Which means, instead of reading a post, and being able to focus on that, i have to cointinuously do a horizontal scroll.

It becomes a bit tiering, and distracting.

Does anyone else experiance this ?

jm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
towy71

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: RE: Table cell width Reply with quote

nope the Quick Reply is just fine for me in firefox 1.0.2 under kubuntu
and the orange ain't that bad either Rolling Eyes
Dick
jjmac
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: RE: Table cell width Reply with quote

>>
orange
>>

hmmmm, i get a kind of grey, with style sheets turned on. Different shades, in the cells containing the posts, white everywhere else. But i'm using the Lite theme.

Different themes for different folks. That is a really good idea. Especially concerning font size, and possible colour. It could be made constructible via a persons profile page. That would be an innovation that would be truly different to other sites.

I really like the overall layout though. It's so much better, and notice how the submit doesn't leave you wondering (radicle) (grin).

It's just a style sheet thing really though. As the Quick Reply sits as a table within a table cell "<td>" the col="80" setting seems to cause the spread when style sheets are turned off. If it sat below that top table, and above the bottom one, in its own dedicated table, it wouldn't effect other cells.

(grin) ... can i winge or what Smile

But, what the heck, i just did a wget on some of the style sheets that are being use anyway. So i'll just do an edit on those an set them up as a special style mode, just for this site.

jm
--------------------

Last edited by jjmac on Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
jjmac
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: RE: Table cell width Reply with quote

All fixed !

Editing a customised style sheet seems to have done the trick. Should have thought of that before Smile

jm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: