July in May??

Comments, suggestions and questions about Linux Format magazine and the coverdiscs

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

July in May??

Postby ggsinclair » Thu May 26, 2005 7:53 am

It only seems like 2 weeks since I received my smashing June edition of LXF through the post.

I got home yesterday (May 25th) to find the July edition sitting on my doormat!

Whats going on?? :D

Gordon
ggsinclair
LXF regular

RE: July in May??

Postby Nigel » Thu May 26, 2005 9:14 am

It's because they publish 13 issues per year - the extra one, in December, is called the "Christmas" issue.
So they get sent out roughly 4 weeks apart. Subscriber issues are sent out a little early, so we receive them about a week before the mag appears in the shops.
Hope this helps,

Nigel.
Nigel
LXF regular

Re: RE: July in May??

Postby Nobber » Fri May 27, 2005 2:32 pm

Nigel wrote:Subscriber issues are sent out a little early, so we receive them about a week before the mag appears in the shops.

Apart from that dark period in LXF's history where subscribers received their copies about a week after they hit the shelves, and sometimes not at all.

Lest we forget... :!:
Nobber
LXF regular

RE: Re: RE: July in May??

Postby towy71 » Fri May 27, 2005 4:28 pm

not bitter are we Nobber? ;-)

lol
still looking for that door into summer
towy71

RE: Re: RE: July in May??

Postby Hudzilla » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:20 pm

Gordon,

13 issues a year means we have very little holiday time ;) Still, would anyone rather we made one less issue a year? I hope not!

As for the subs... *sigh*... I probably shouldn't comment in public about other parts of the company, but suffice to say I think the subs people pick fleas from each other inbetween issues. It's really irritating when we work as hard as we can to make the magazine, only for someone else to screw up and have readers get annoyed with - naturally - us. At least Nobber, bitter as he might be, doesn't call us up to demand to know where his subs copy is when it's late ;)

Paul
Hudzilla
Site admin

Re: RE: July in May??

Postby phunkymunky » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:25 pm

Nigel wrote: Subscriber issues are sent out a little early, so we receive them about a week before the mag appears in the shops.

Thats if you receive them at all , still waiting on issue 66(sold out so im told) and 68, so much for subscriptions and i was following the tutorials!! Guess im gonna have to give my local newsagent my business.

Hudzilla wrote:Gordon,

At least Nobber, bitter as he might be, doesn't call us up to demand to know where his subs copy is when it's late ;)

Paul

No but i have only to be told its no longer available.
phunkymunky

Return to Magazine and coverdiscs