Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Project Announcement Forum + Announcement!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we have a place to announce projects and releases?
Yes
93%
 93%  [ 14 ]
Why??
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not bothered
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

linuxgirlie
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Project Announcement Forum + Announcement!! Reply with quote

We use to have a announcement like section on the old forum (it was something like that anyway, brain is getting fuzzy in my old age...), it was quite useful now and then. Anyhow, could we have it back or something similar, I'll start a poll to see if anyone else agrees...

plus...

I would like to announcement the release of Karoshi v4.1.1 has a few changes in it, going quite well, and working hard on all those features...Cool

and if nobody new we now do a karoshiathome version which we have just released as V1.0.1 will be seen in MicroMart soon, and hopefully will make non-techie home users have an easy setup. Shocked

Links to websites in my signature....

Jo Very Happy

Server operating system designed for schools:www.linuxschools.com
jjmac
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: RE: Project Announcement Forum + Announcement!! Reply with quote

yes ... The 'ol site did Smile

jm

The FVWM wm -=- www.fvwm.org -=-

Somebody stole my air guitar, It happened just the other day,
But it's ok, 'cause i've got a spare ...
Rhakios

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: RE: Project Announcement Forum + Announcement!! Reply with quote

One of the reasons I used to post things in the announcements part of the old forum was because if you submitted it for news on the front page it could be weeks before it showed up. However, now the front page seesm to be updated much more frequently. Wouldn't that be the best place for your announcement? And of course, people can still comment if they so choose.
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: RE: Project Announcement Forum + Announcement!! Reply with quote

Yep, we've had more frequent news stories on the front page recently, and this'll continue!

So, major project developments and updates are welcome -- submit the story via the left panel, and it may get posted. Minor revisions to apps won't always be significant enough for front-page-goodness though Smile

M
guy
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Project Announcement Forum + Announcement!! Reply with quote

Rhakios wrote:
... now the front page seesm to be updated much more frequently. Wouldn't that be the best place for your announcement?

The items on the front page have to be indvidually approved by the site maintainer. Announcements that are not deemed worthy still need a voice. Yes, I miss the old forum too.
towy71

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Project Announcement Forum + Announcement!! Reply with quote

Can I post a vote for the announcement forum too

Dick
skecs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:01 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Project Announcement Forum + Announcement!! Reply with quote

I posted "Yes" - I think it a good idea. Could it be run as a "blog" only postable by "registered users"?

Confused Not sure if I mean blog Confused

Just a posting list run by members for new Linux announcements around the world.
... (0)>
... / /\
.. / / .)
.. V_/_
Linux Powered!
jjmac
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Project Announcement Forum + Announcement!! Reply with quote

It will eventually be pushed off the front page though. OK, then it may be an out of date announcement. But the announcements forum did provide a place for browsing. Besides, isn't the front page more suited to more major announcements, what ever they might be.

jm

M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Project Announcement Forum + Announcement!! Reply with quote

Righto, there seems to be a lot of favour for this, so I'll see what I can do on Tuesday! Smile

M
linuxgirlie
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Project Announcement Forum + Announcement!! Reply with quote

ohhh, I've made a difference!! Cool

Server operating system designed for schools:www.linuxschools.com
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Project Announcement Forum + Announcement!! Reply with quote

Hokay -- your collective wish is our command, so there's now an Announcements forum in the Linux section! Useful for posting new app releases, LUG meetings, and other tidbits of note.

M
jjmac
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Project Announcement Forum + Announcement!! Reply with quote

You willbe needing to announce this in the 'Announcements' forum as well, too, of course (grin)

jm

nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Project Announcement Forum + Announcement!! Reply with quote

It seems you should also make the forum member-only posting. Currently, 50% of the posts are spam Sad
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Project Announcement Forum + Announcement!! Reply with quote

Yeah, it's members only -- I moved that from Help and on closer inspection of the URL, it's certainly junk.

M
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: