Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

j2sdk not included -gentoo dvd version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
niceguy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: j2sdk not included -gentoo dvd version Reply with quote

Hi all
this is my first post after joining, looks like a great place to be Smile . I am at the "emerge" stage of gentoo using the dvd from LXF68 and all has gone well till I received this message
Quote:

js2dk-1-4-2-doc-zip not found in /usr/portage/distfiles
And I am being asked to download it manually and I cannot find it on the dvd. So am stuck. Anyone with this problem?help. Question
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: RE: j2sdk not included -gentoo dvd version Reply with quote

Sun's licencing makes distributing the SDK difficult. Gentoo have the same problem with including it ino their mirror, hence the message. You can either download it manually and copy it to /mnt/gentoo/usr/portage/dsitfiles, or put -java in the USE flags in /etc/make.conf to install without Java.
niceguy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: RE: j2sdk not included -gentoo dvd version Reply with quote

Thanks for such a speedy reply!Checking it out now Laughing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: