Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

e-mail server setup

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: e-mail server setup Reply with quote

Hi

i would like to setup a small e-mail server (distro not yet decided gear towards Debian). The e-mail server must be accessible from out side my network (as i travel from home a lot Very Happy) using outlook for one cusion (hoping to change that Very Happy) and kmail for me, all i really need help with is the initaial setup of the email server.

thanks for the help

i do know that on the server each person who requires email must have a /home on the server (which is fine by me ).
M0PHP
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an all-in-one server distro at www.contribs.org called SME Server. It includes web, email, ftp and windows servers (choose which ones you want to use) and a web-based management interface... or if you want to do it yourself, Debian has an excellent email facilities using Exim I believe.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternatively try ClarkConnect, used in it several small businesses in the past. A very nice web-based management system. We use a custom Fedora based setup on our servers here but for small servers I would reccomend Postfix - Procmail - Dovecot for a very stable setup.
--
Andrew Hutchings (A-Wing) - Linux Guru
Linux Forums - http://www.linuxforum.co.uk/
Linux CDs and DVDs - http://www.linuxiso.co.uk/
Random quote 72: "Every time you turn on your new car, you're turning on 20 microprocessors. Every time you use an ATM, you're using a computer. Every time I use a settop box or game machine, I'm using a computer. The only computer you don't know how to work is your Microsoft computer, right?" - SCOTT McNEALY, CEO, Sun Microsystems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: