Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keyboard problems with LF Web Special(Ed 10)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TuxDreamer

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Keyboard problems with LF Web Special(Ed 10) Reply with quote

Hi,

I have installed Ubuntu 6.10 on a virtual box as per instructions, but when I try to type with the laptop keyboard, all I get is gobbledegook. I have an HP Pavilion ze2355EA running Windows XP SP2. It has an AMD Turion 64, 2G memory. I wanted to try this out on the virtual disk before committing myself to using it on my Ubuntu machine - in case I messed up. My mouse works fine. It is just the keyboard. Any ideas? Confused
MikeHarvey

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: RE: Keyboard problems with LF Web Special(Ed 10) Reply with quote

Have you checked that Ubuntu is set up for whatever keyboard layout you're using (UK, Dvorak, US etc)?
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: RE: Keyboard problems with LF Web Special(Ed 10) Reply with quote

What keyboard layout are you using in Windows?

M
JerryP

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: RE: Keyboard problems with LF Web Special(Ed 10) Reply with quote

I have EXACTLY this same problem except that I am running Vbox 1.3.8 in Mandriva Free Spring 2007 and the OSes I can't type in are Windows or Puppy and my box is a desktop. To give you a sample of the "goobledegook", (using home row) caps lock = space, A = 1, S = t, D = 4, F = 6, G = 7, H = 8, J = 0, K = -, L = =, ; = v, ' = b and enter = x. Nothing else is right and Esc = enter. Windows says the keyboard is OK and outside of Vbox the keyboard works OK in Mandriva. I have posted the question to Vitrualbox.org and Linuxquestions.org and haven't gotten any replies. This forum is the first place I have found someone with the same problem.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Other OS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: