Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amazing error in the Greek Linuxformat website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gbil

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Amazing error in the Greek Linuxformat website Reply with quote

I just had to post it!!!

Here is the error I got trying to access the forum of the Greek LinuxFormat website (http://www.linuxformat.gr/forum):

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'

Timeout expired

/forum/common.asp, line 261

I leave the comments to you guys, I'm just happy I only buy the British version of LinuxFormat.
towy71

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: RE: Amazing error in the Greek Linuxformat website Reply with quote

That web address worked fine for me but they seem to write everything in Greek Confused
Rhakios

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: RE: Amazing error in the Greek Linuxformat website Reply with quote

I think the OP is referring to the fact that the Greek forum is running on a Windows server.
donoreo
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Amazing error in the Greek Linuxformat website Reply with quote

Rhakios wrote:
I think the OP is referring to the fact that the Greek forum is running on a Windows server.
Hell, that is almost as bad as if the UK version produced the magazine on Macs! Oh, wait... Smile
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Amazing error in the Greek Linuxformat website Reply with quote

Still, I prefer the Mac with it's Unix heritage over any Win-OS, derived from a ripped-off faulty design...
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Amazing error in the Greek Linuxformat websi Reply with quote

Dutch_Master wrote:
Still, I prefer the Mac with it's Unix heritage over any Win-OS, derived from a ripped-off faulty design...

Hey, VMS is a pretty good OS!

M
Steogede
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Amazing error in the Greek Linuxformat w Reply with quote

There's a Greek Linux Format?

Is it at all related to the real Linux Format or did they just rip it off? Also, why is the title in English when the rest of the cover is in Greek?
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Amazing error in the Greek Linuxformat w Reply with quote

There is a Greek version of Linux Format! And yes, it is related to our mag, containing some translated articles. There's also a Russian version too. See 'International LXF' in the menu bar down the left!

M
pootman
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Amazing error in the Greek Linuxformat w Reply with quote

Mike, you could save the company some money on Foreign Editions if you just printed the English edition with everything in uppercase letters and the instructions JUST READ IT MORE SLOWLY.

Now that I've saved the company a fortune, you'll be looking for a way to reward me I suppose...
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Amazing error in the Greek Linuxformat w Reply with quote

Well, the Russian edition is exactly the same as the English one, but with the Rs the other way round!

M
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: