Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

open standards can be bought ;-)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
towy71

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: open standards can be bought ;-) Reply with quote

Microparp does the wrong thing Rolling Eyes
Vote Yes for OOXML
Rhakios

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: RE: open standards can be bought ;-) Reply with quote

Quote:

I know. Breathtaking.

Well, not really. Surely this is the sort of behaviour we have come to expect from Microsoft. I am opting to hold my breath to avoid the stench. <insert disgusted smilie here>
1slipperyfish
Forum Jester

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: open standards can be bought ;-) Reply with quote

Rhakios wrote:
Quote:

I know. Breathtaking.

Well, not really. Surely this is the sort of behaviour we have come to expect from Microsoft. I am opting to hold my breath to avoid the stench. <insert disgusted smilie here>

<disgusted smillied> Rolling Eyes
paul

wyliecoyoteuk
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: open standards can be bought ;-) Reply with quote

Why should it surprise you, the great American freedom to buy votes, stuff ballot boxes and "lose" returns got dubbyah into power.
I just hope WG doesn't decide he wants to be president.

jjmac
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: open standards can be bought ;-) Reply with quote

And it shows that they _haven't_ changed at all. Which of course alludes to all their recent 'collaborations, offerings' as just being the side stepping smoke screens that they are.

Like the tail of the frog and the scorpion, crossing the flooded river.

jm

The FVWM wm -=- www.fvwm.org -=-

Somebody stole my air guitar, It happened just the other day,
But it's ok, 'cause i've got a spare ...
towy71

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: open standards can be bought ;-) Reply with quote

I think you'll find that it was a fox and the scorpion Rolling Eyes
Rhakios

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: open standards can be bought ;-) Reply with quote

jjmac wrote:

Like the tail of the frog and the scorpion

I didn't know frogs had tails Confused They have sort of a stump where the projection of the urostyle ends, but it doesn't really count as a tail.

Scorpions, on the other hand, have very nasty little tails. Smile

And of course, foxes have tails, so I'm sure towy must be right.
1slipperyfish
Forum Jester

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: open standards can be bought ;-) Reply with quote

Rhakios wrote:
jjmac wrote:

Like the tail of the frog and the scorpion

I didn't know frogs had tails Confused They have sort of a stump where the projection of the urostyle ends, but it doesn't really count as a tail.

Scorpions, on the other hand, have very nasty little tails. Smile

And of course, foxes have tails, so I'm sure towy must be right.

most male mamals have tails Confused i keep mine in my underpants Laughing
paul

Dutch_Master
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: open standards can be bought ;-) Reply with quote

Like we care what's inside that piece of clothing...
Rhakios

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: open standards can be bought ;-) Reply with quote

1slipperyfish (troll) wrote:

most male mamals have tails Confused i keep mine in my underpants Laughing
paul

I thought you were a fish. Or has someone cut your caudal peduncle?
pootman
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: open standards can be bought ;-) Reply with quote

Have we gone off-topic again, or are the contents of 1sf (troll)'s underpants considered an open standard?
jjmac
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: open standards can be bought ;-) Reply with quote

Anything's possible ... if it got popular enough MS would probably claim rights (better head for the hills slippery, while you still can Smile )

hmmmmm, ok, ok 'tale not tail'

And it was about a frog, why would a scorpion want to hitch a ride with a fox. What fox would be dum enough in the first place (grin) Smile ...

-=- The Official Alsop version (more or less) -=-
-----------------------------------------------------------

There was this flood see, and a scorpion was sitting on the bank of a river, It dosen't matter which river. But he/she was looking at the dryer land on the other side, when a frog drifted by. Frogs sometimes do that. So the scorpion said 'Hey, frog, how about a lift across this damn river !' . The frog gave the scorpion one of those looks, similar to that which should be expressed to a MS rep whenever they start suggesting that there going to contribute to Linux or open standards ... <cough> for the good of the industry and all </cough>. And said 'But your a scorpion, if i put you on my back, you will just sting and kill me !'. 'Nooo i wont' said the scorpion Wink Wink. 'If i did that, then i would drown in this river, and if i stay here i will drown when it overflows this bank !'

hmmmm, It made sense to the frog ... so, the frog agreed, and allowed the scorpion to get on his/her back. They got half way across the river and guess what !. The damn scorpion, arched its' tail ( Smile ) and speared the frog straight through the head. Frog blood splattered everywhere. And the frog gave out a piecing frog scream and sunk to the bottom of the river and was dead. Before it went under though, it managed to ask the scorpion, who was also sluttering in the river, why it just did such a brain dead thing like that. Doesn't it realise that seeing as it can't swim, it has cooked its' own goose in the process ! The scorpion just shrugged and said 'It's in my nature'.

A some what morbid and apathetic tale which can be counted with the one about the ferocious human eating lion, that wouldn't eat the slave that was thrown into the arena, in spite of being very hungry and it was lunch time, because the lion recognised the person as the one who removed a particularly nasty thawn out of his paw a few years back.

hmmmmm bah humbug, i hate conflicting tale morals. Who makes all this stuff up any way Smile .

Moral Piont Being: Bed with MS, and you will get sick and die.

Smile

jm

pins
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: open standards can be bought ;-) Reply with quote

decision overturned, as someone voted twice, apparently, article on theinquirer.net
jjmac
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: open standards can be bought ;-) Reply with quote

They may have been paid twice ...

towy71

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: open standards can be bought ;-) Reply with quote

Definitely not one of Æsop's fables see wikipedia and fox is also used Razz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: