Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This week in Retail Humor (launching on Cybernightlife)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phorneker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: This week in Retail Humor (launching on Cybernightlife) Reply with quote

I have started adding non-Linux humor material to my website. The retail humor report, which will be setup as a blog, tells of things that happen at the retail outlet where I work when I am not working on the Cybernightlife project, or doing pro-bono IT consulting.

You will be the first to see the report as it will be presented.

*** RETAIL CUSTOMER REPORT for the week of September 23-29, 2007 ***

9/25: A customer wanted to know the price of a pair of shoes was when the display and its electronic tag already was showing the correct price at the fixture where the customer was standing.

9/26: A pair of shoes the customer wanted was not on sale according to the electronic tag. The customer asked if that pair of shoes was on sale.

9/26: Another customer called the shoe department directly using the store's automated answering system, and then asked to speak to the store manager. The customer then hung up.

9/26: I waited on a customer in the housewares department. The customer wanted to know if we had any more of the Hamilton Beach convection oven. (This model can cook two 12-inch pizzas at the same time.) I told him that I would look in the back.

Man, was I ever glad I went to look in the back. Everything went OK, except:

The customer had B.O.!!!

(Someone get him a stick of deodorant, please!)
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: RE: This week in Retail Humor (launching on Cybernightlife) Reply with quote

You think that's wierd? Some real stuff I and my collegues come across on pretty much a daily basis:

at the information desk, no sales
# can I buy a ticket here, I wannago to <fill in placename>
# if I take the regional service, am I going to be quicker then the intercity train? (the intercity passes the regional train onroute)
# I want to go to the <insert name> hotel... (we only do information on the railway, not tourist stuff, not local transport) Several times we're asked about the hotel that's just outside the station...

on the platform
# is this the train to <where-ever>? while standing under the electronic board announcing all stations the train will call
# is this the train to the airport <- especially on Amsterdam a very, very common question. There are about 10 trains an hour going there...
# I didn't have time to buy a ticket (departuretime is about 5 mins away), can you do something for me? (I only drive trains, I don't do tickets...)

Other things we hear, mostly if a delay occurs:
# I'm missing my connection, now you go and arrange a free taxi ride! (err, the next train is in about 15 min, actually less 'cause we're delayed..)
# I'm missing my flight! (shouldn't you be at the airport 2 hrs in advance of boarding in the first place?)

So, sorry chap. I know you mean well (as do I) but I'm not impressed.
1slipperyfish
Forum Jester

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found it highly entertaining Very Happy thanks for the post
paul

wyliecoyoteuk
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.clientcopia.com/

edit:

Excellent! I just checked that page, and one of mine is in the top twenty! Shocked

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: