Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RiscOS and the A9home

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhakios

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: RiscOS and the A9home Reply with quote

I was reading about this device recently, seems interesting-ish, but a little pricey perhaps. Anyway, you can find them here if you want to.

I'm sure Mike has one already Wink
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: RE: RiscOS and the A9home Reply with quote

Ooh, I wish! I've just bought an Eee so that's my gadget spending done for the next 12 months Smile That said, I do have an A7000 kicking around up north.

I am impressed by the longevity of the RISC OS community -- it's a pretty dated OS in many respects, but still seems to keep a bunch of people happy. And I have a great fondness for the smooth stone-type theme...

M
Rhakios

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: RE: RiscOS and the A9home Reply with quote

You mean you have to buy the things you review!!!? I would have thought Asus could have stretched to sending LXF (the foremost Linux magazine in the UK) a review machine, what a bunch of meanies. Mad
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: RE: RiscOS and the A9home Reply with quote

They did send a review unit, but I liked it so much I bought one for myself Smile

M
Rhakios

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: RE: RiscOS and the A9home Reply with quote

Okay Victor Smile
pootman
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: RE: RiscOS and the A9home Reply with quote

Sorry folks but to me the A9home will always mean a really big diversion.
maxeaves

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: RE: RiscOS and the A9home Reply with quote

It would be helpful if the VirtualAcorn "windows" emulator actually worked in Linux....it doesn't...under emulation...nor via XEN..or any other virtualisation (except aparently...Mac Parallels). Bugger.
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: RE: RiscOS and the A9home Reply with quote

Well, there's http://arcem.sourceforge.net which runs RISC OS 3.10, and http://b-em.bbcmicro.com/arculator/ which evidently runs RISC OS 4.

M
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Other OS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: