Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are the LXF Staff gonna stay with the forum?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flea
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Are the LXF Staff gonna stay with the forum? Reply with quote

Iv noticed the LXF staff are actually participating in forum discussion. From what I recall that was very rare on the old forums (unless I was missing all of their comments).

I think its quite nice that the editor of the magazine himself is participating! Is this the way it will always be now? Or are you going to dissappear when the forum becomes very active again?

P.s. loving the mag, just got the latest issue, big thanx for the latest Slackware! Saves me downloading it!
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: RE: Are the LXF Staff gonna stay with the forum? Reply with quote

Many people from the mag (both Future staff and freelancers) were around on the old forums. AFAIK Nick was lxfadmin, Paul popped in pretty often as hudzilla, Matt Nailon (before he left) was around as MattN, our discmeister Neil is nelz, and there's even been the odd post from the publisher. Various freelancers such as Jono and myself are online quite a bit too.

Probably forgotten someone, but I have a terrible cold and have no idea if I'm even alive!

Mike
evilnick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Are the LXF Staff gonna stay with the forum? Reply with quote

Flea wrote:

I think its quite nice that the editor of the magazine himself is participating! Is this the way it will always be now? Or are you going to dissappear when the forum becomes very active again?

It depends how rude you all are
Hudzilla
Site admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: Are the LXF Staff gonna stay with the forum? Reply with quote

'lo,

Nick's presence here is, admittedly, temporary. He gets wheeled out of the deep freeze chamber once a year to claim his pension cheque, then we put him right back in there. And to think some people wonder why his Welcome picture rarely changes Wink

The rest of us post here when something interests us. If we're not posting, take the hint and start a flame war that might make us pitch in!

Paul
andychannelle
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: Are the LXF Staff gonna stay with the forum? Reply with quote

I've always been here posting news when I can, and offering advice along the lines of "well it worked when I tried it" in the 'help' forum.

Andy
nordle
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Are the LXF Staff gonna stay with the forum? Reply with quote

evilnick wrote:

It depends how rude you all are

Is that a request for us to be rude to make you stay? mmm ok here goes, Nick, your Mummas so fat, when she sits next to someone at bingo, she sits next to everybody at bingo..

Very Happy
david

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: Are the LXF Staff gonna stay with the forum? Reply with quote

I might post something now and again - Depends if I'm paying attention Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: