Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A great bargain on a second hand laptop

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phorneker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: A great bargain on a second hand laptop Reply with quote

Two weeks ago, I went to my local computer store and got a great bargain on a second hand laptop.

The machine is a Compaq Armada E700, with 500Mhz Pentium III, 384MB of RAM, 18GB IBM hard drive, two PCMCIA cards, one USB 1.x port, built-in Intel Express Pro ethernet card, a Lucent-based modem, and the standard assortment of parallel , serial, and VGA ports found on legacy laptops.

The video board is a ATi (now AMD) Rage Mobility board. The best part, everything is Linux compatible!

I purchased this laptop second hand for $149.00 USD!

I have purchased a Linksys (Cisco) Compact-G USB wifi adapter to go with the machine.

There is one other change in the laptop. I have installed Mandriva 2008 on the machine, and it worked flawlessly with all the hardware on the laptop, including the wifi adapter.

This is a departure from the advocacy I have shown in the past for OpenSUSE.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: