Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

can't get registered!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sirrondach

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: can't get registered!! Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad I registered a couple of hours ago and I'm still waiting for the email with a password. I've even told the registration process that I've forgotten the password and it told me it had sent the Confirmation Code, but I haven't received this either.
What's happening? (or NOT?)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: RE: can Reply with quote

I have now tried registering using my work email address but still have had no responses.
Rhakios

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here.
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: can Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I have now tried registering using my work email address but still have had no responses.

Hmmm... When I registered yesterday my password arrived pretty much instantaneously. It was sent to my gmail account - granted, the password was a gobbledygookish one, but I just cut and pasted it in and everything worked.

Sorry if I am stating the obvious, but have you checked to make sure that a. your spam filter hasn't filtered out the registration email or b. that you had typed your email address in correctly. I am forever typing in gmailc.om rather than gmail.com!

(Of course, if you do want a gmail address then feel free to email me - my email address appears every issue at the back under advertising Smile

Other than that I can't help you - perhaps the admins will be able to look at the logs to find out what is happening.

Sorry! Rolling Eyes

Andy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: can Reply with quote

Two hours & no email reply here either.
No problem, after waiting two months, I can wait a bit longer
Rhakios

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spam filtering on my e-mail account simply marks mail as spam, but does not delete it, I have had nothing of that sort since attempting to register. Typing in my e-mail address incorrectly is not likely to be an issue as it auto-completes and hasn't caused me any problems before.

Looks like I'll have to wait until tomorrow, maybe.
Sad
evilnick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhakios! Welcome home!
Sorry you are having problems. I'll check the mail server, but it's odd that it seems to work fine for some and not for others. If you still have problems, send me a mail and I'll manually create an account for you

Last edited by evilnick on Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rhakios

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nick, and after all the sarcastic comments I have made over the years, I'm touched, really Smile

Just as a matter of interest, for those who are having trouble signing up, what browser are you using? I have tried with Opera7.54. If I'd been thinking more clearly my second attempt would have been using a different browser Embarassed
guy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: nor me, neither Reply with quote

Tried a few times, no emails coming my way.

Please let us know when you've fixed it.
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhakios wrote:
Thanks Nick, and after all the sarcastic comments I have made over the years, I'm touched, really Smile

We know that Smile

Rhakios wrote:
Just as a matter of interest, for those who are having trouble signing up, what browser are you using? I have tried with Opera7.54. If I'd been thinking more clearly my second attempt would have been using a different browser Embarassed

Registration worked immediately for me, using Konqueror. Unfortunately, Konq is very slow when viewing the site. It seems to have some sort of nostalgia mode that introduces long pauses while loading pages. Crying or Very sad
evilnick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as mentioned elsewhere, some of the code is a little suspish, but to be fair, so is Konq...
evilnick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See admin message on front pagefor login probs...
Rhakios

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nelz wrote:
Rhakios wrote:

We know that Smile

And a pleasure to converse with you again as well nelz.

Thanks to Nick for e-mailing me a password Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm glad all you other guys have been sorted out, but as the initiator of this thread I'm still sitting here waiting for a password to login with. I've done exactly what it says on the tin - I've requested a confirmation code this morning and got one, three times! Now when I use it to request a password, the system emails me the confirmation code again, but nothing else. Is there still a bug in the Registration Process, and can Nick please be a kind man again and manually email me a password please (you have my email address on the system). Thanks in advance.
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which browser are you using?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: