Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Figures in LXF Community Conversion Project

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haakin
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Figures in LXF Community Conversion Project Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm converting one of the Inkscape tutorials (mainly to learn Inkscape). Because the figures in those articles are very important and the pdfs are in low-res, I'm recreating them slowly.

Here is the link to the tutorial: http://linuxformat.co.uk/wiki/index.php/LXF75.tut_iscape.pdf

I want to ask you a few questions to improve my work:

a) What do you think about the quality of the figures? Do they match the quality of the original?

b) About the figures in the wikipage. Do you prefer a thumbnail linked to the figure or the figures inserted in the text? Due to the contents of the tutorial, I like to include them directly. I think that the tutorial is easier to read in this way.

c) About the size, is the first one too big? Too small? Any hint about what could be the right size?

d) I have got the source SVG files. Is it possible to include them in the wiki? That would let the readers to download them and play with them.

Thanks,

Javier
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: RE: Figures in LXF Community Conversion Project Reply with quote

Hi Javier,

That's looking great! The images are an ideal size, and like you say, it's better to have them inline rather than thumbnailed.

For the SVG files, can you upload them like any other image, and then create a link to the upload?

Thanks for the help!

M
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: