Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open Clip Art

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhakios

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Open Clip Art Reply with quote

Open Clip Art might be a good inclusion for the CD/DVD, it has recently reached version 16. While the ~80MB might not be a problem for broadband users, it might not be so good for those still on dial-up.
Please ignore this if it has featured recently, but I have not noticed it and without the disc search facility working I can't easily tell.
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: RE: Open Clip Art Reply with quote

The other disc search facility works well, and is a lot faster - grepping the CSV files Smile

Open Clipart was on CD and DVD 62.
Rhakios

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: RE: Open Clip Art Reply with quote

Not for nearly a year then. There seem to have been several releases since then, it might be worth including again, but I suppose that's up to Mike Saunders now.
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: RE: Open Clip Art Reply with quote

Bizarre! That was one of the first things I chose for 73's coverdiscs, about a week ago. Shows I must be in touch... somehow Smile

Mike
Rhakios

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: RE: Open Clip Art Reply with quote

Crumbs! 73 already and with #71 only just having popped through the door this week. Anything special for the Christmas issue Mike?

Very Happy
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Open Clip Art Reply with quote

Rhakios wrote:
Crumbs! 73 already and with #71 only just having popped through the door this week. Anything special for the Christmas issue Mike? Very Happy

Yep indeedy! The Chrimbo issue's coverdiscs will be audio CDs, featuring the LXF team singing various carols. Put in your requests now!

Mike

[Note: Contents of future discs subject to change, especially if we all get colds and can't sing properly.]
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Open Clip Art Reply with quote

I request a discless magazine Smile
towy71

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Open Clip Art Reply with quote

M-Saunders wrote:

[Note: Contents of future discs subject to change, especially if we all get colds and can't sing properly.]

should we start praying that you all get colds or, failing that ask for ear plugs to be included Laughing
Rhakios

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Open Clip Art Reply with quote

Perhaps we could have an a cappella version of Cage's 4'33"

Very Happy
towy71

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Open Clip Art Reply with quote

yay! brilliant, I promise to hum along with that in the certainty that I can't get it wrong Laughing
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Open Clip Art Reply with quote

Haha Smile I remember 'hearing' a live performance of that on R3 sometime last year (or the year before). Apparently the BBC had to disable their automatic system that cuts in after three minutes of silence...

Mike
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: