lm_sensors problems needed for 3dfx Voodoo 3 TV-OUT on MDK10

The place to post if you need help or advice

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

lm_sensors problems needed for 3dfx Voodoo 3 TV-OUT on MDK10

Postby puffin789 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:44 am

Hi,

I'm trying to install the lm_sensors module under Mandrake 10.0 but it doesn't work. I need this apparently to set up my TV-OUT signel on my 3dfx Voodoo 3 video card.

I find the two packages (liblm_sensors3-2.8.4-1mdk and lm_sensors-2.8.4-1mdk) in Mandrake Control Center, load the DVD (Linuxformat 53 DVD) but then I get an error message saying:

There was a problem during the installation:

unable to install package /mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS/lm_sensors-2.8.4-1mdk.i586.rpm
unable to install package /mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS/liblm_sensors3-2.8.4-1mdk.i586.rpm
unable to install package /mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS/librrdtool0-1.0.46-1mdk.i586.rpm

I have checked the details of lm_sensors and it is looking for the Linux source tree at /usr/src/linux. Now this seems to be the problem as I don't have such a directory, and when trying to create a symlink (as suggested on the web) I just can't find my Linux source tree at all. What should I look for? Where? I remember that Mandrake has some unusual directory strucutre (I have upgraded this Mandrake 10.0 from a previous version...) Also, how would I make the symlink?

I have also downloaded the lm_sensors module and tried to install manually (though the docs said that I should only "make user" and "make userinstall" with a 2.6 kernel, which I did), but it was looking again for the same directory /usr/src/linux and particularly for the /usr/src/linux/include/linux/autoconf.h file. Now I have searched the whole hard disk and there is no autoconf.h file anywhere...??

I wonder if someone could help me how to install lm_sensors?? I would need this to connect my 3dfx Voodoo 3 card to the TV (to use its TV-OUT functionality).

What more details should I send?

Many thanks!
puffin789

Postby puffin789 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:51 am

The website I am referring to for the setup is:

http://www.guru-group.fi/~too/tvout-voodoo3-3000-xfree[/url]
puffin789

Postby nelz » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:55 am

It looks like you may need to install the kernel-source package first. This will put the source in /usr/src/linux-version-number with a link to /usr/src/linux.
nelz
Site admin

Return to Help!