Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mandriva Linux Limited Edition 2005 cover discs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morphine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Mandriva Linux Limited Edition 2005 cover discs Reply with quote

Hi everyone, i'm new here and have never used linux in fact i've hardly heard of it but lately we have had trouble with windows when i came accross the linux format magazine with the free OS so i've tried installing it along side windows on my compaq presario model no SR1100UK, the problem is i put disc 1 in and the penguin comes up and i hit enter to install it and all that happens is windows re-boots and the penguin comes back up again, i've tried pressing f1 when the penguin comes up and then hiting enter but it just reboots i can't get it to go any further, does anyone know whats wrong? ATB Mark
ollie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: RE: Mandriva Linux Limited Edition 2005 cover discs Reply with quote

I think you need boot from the CD/DVD - check the boot order in the BIOS. It is F1 or F11 normally, can't remember Compaq's - I gave up on Compaq years ago. It should be at the bottom of the screen during the boot process. Set the boot order so the CD/DVD is before your HDD.

You should then be able to start installing Linux. Smile
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: