gentoo pdf images

Comments and suggestions about this site

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

gentoo pdf images

Postby bobthebob1234 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:12 pm

are all messed up.

That is all.
For certain you have to be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was
bobthebob1234
LXF regular

Postby M-Saunders » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:14 am

OK, this just makes my head hurt. Bob, could you please provide a tiny bit of info... like what you're talking about? Where? I can't read minds :-)

M
M-Saunders
LXF regular

Postby bobthebob1234 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:38 pm

You know this website, well it has an archives area where we mere mortals who pay lots of money throughout the year can download pdfs of the magazine.

In this archives area there is a pdf of the Gentoo tutorial from the latest mag.

You see, I downloaded this, however the images in the pdf are messed up (for my two computers I tried opening it on at least)

The text is fine, just the images

That is all. I haven't looked at any of the other pdfs

[edit]
oh and 'Shift' in that image should be tab. Who ever proof reads the mag should be shot or some other less harsh punishment deemed suitable.
For certain you have to be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was
bobthebob1234
LXF regular

Postby M-Saunders » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:18 pm

That's not "messed up" -- that's a screenshot of a Gentoo website tutorial! They're all in multiple colours like that (example). OK, the text in the shot isn't readable in the low-res PDF but it's just an example of what you'll see on the site. I'm sure Bob Moss can dig up an exact URL for that particular page if you like :-)

I could put up a high-res version of the PDF but it could be over 10 times larger without adding any real info.

M
M-Saunders
LXF regular

Postby bobthebob1234 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:24 pm

Fair enough. I'll refer to my printed mag for images in future.
bobthebob1234
LXF regular

Return to This Website