Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Linux World next week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marrea
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Linux World next week Reply with quote

Just wondered .... are any forum members intending to go to Linux World next week (5-6 October) at Olympia 2?
overflow
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: RE: Linux World next week Reply with quote

I'll be there Thu a.m.
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: RE: Linux World next week Reply with quote

You may see me around... But I may claim to be a farmer called Jeremy!*

M

*Old story.
Marrea
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping to get there on one of the days, work permitting. If I do, I don't want anyone asking me "Madam, are you lost? The knitting exhibition is next week." Very Happy
Nigel
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there on Thursday. Hope to meet up with some of you Smile
Nigel
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so where were you all ? Where was the LXF stand ?

I did have a quick chat with linuxgirlie on the Karoshi stand, and bumped into a couple of guys from the Russian version of LXF (nice guys - they were looking for their UK counterparts as well), but of the LXF UK skiv^H^H^Htaffers there was not a sign Sad

Unfortunately I missed the Great Linux Debate (too busy drooling over a really neat sub-notebook on the Dell stand), which is where Nick was billed to appear. Surely he wasn't the only one there today ?

The .org village was very good, but the rest of the show didn't seem to have the same spark as last year... or maybe that's just me.

Anyhow, nice to have a day out of the office, and my vote for the most unexpected freebie goes to the Gentoo Live CD Very Happy
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We didn't have a stand -- we had even better! Racks of LXF magazines could be found around the expo (and were being snapped up pretty quickly) and the Show Guide included a promo disc containing some PDFs from recent issues, info on the mag and Kubuntu Smile

Nick and I were there on Weds; I returned the same day but Nick stayed to do the panel on Thurs. Paul, Graham and Andy Chanelle went on Thurs too.

M
Nigel
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed the show guide promo & the free mags (although I didn't pick one up as I had my subscriber copy in my bag to read on the train).

I must have just gotten unlucky - I didn't bump into anybody from LXF UK, or any of the other forum regulars who were there, although I was there for a good 4 hours. Mind you, it's not easy finding people you don't know in a crowd like that Smile

Suggestion for next year... how about arranging a place & time each day for people to meet up. On the LXF stand if you have one (and having exhibited at Olympia I can understand why you didn't bother with a stand this year - it's stupidly expensive), otherwise somewhere like the coffee shop or bar.

Did the Russian LXF guys find you in the end? They were very proud of their mag - the cover looked the same as the English one, but inside was all in cyrillic script. I hope it sells as well as the UK version does.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: