Tuxradar

Comments and suggestions about this site

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Tuxradar

Postby Ram » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:51 pm

How about a section on here for the Tuxradar site.

I know some of the coding issues get asked in the programming section but just think a more generic place might be better.

Now Paul as moved onto hopefully better things the likelyhood of his Mono tutorial wont be completed. The special that followed on from the online Academy goes to about 15 projects, where as the online one is stuck at 10 with " Next installment will be published soon! " been like that for about 8 months.

lubuntu LXDE 13.10 running on AMD Phenom II*4; ASUS Crosshair III Formula MB; 4 GB Ram.....
Ram
LXF regular

Postby towy71 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:55 pm

still looking for that door into summer
towy71

Postby Ram » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:00 pm

And you are directing me to the front page - but what I am supposed to be looking at :wink: :wink: :nudge: :nudge:

lubuntu LXDE 13.10 running on AMD Phenom II*4; ASUS Crosshair III Formula MB; 4 GB Ram.....
Ram
LXF regular

Postby towy71 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:06 pm

I was merely pointing you in the right direction cos I was too lazy to pursue it further :P
If you look along the top there are various headings but I presume you want this one: http://www.tuxradar.com/code
still looking for that door into summer
towy71

Postby Ram » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:00 pm

I was not looking for the coding section, been there many atime.

Looking for a forum as apposed to the comments...

Ram
LXF regular

Postby bobthebob1234 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:46 pm

I think a forum 'board' or what ever they are called would be a good idea for tuxradar. Much easier to read though and reply constructively than comments

And whilst the tuxradar bashing is going on, the last 16 items on the rss feed have been podcast,ballot,podcast,ballot,etc etc
Why no more other stuff?
For certain you have to be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was
bobthebob1234
LXF regular

Postby M-Saunders » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:06 am

Lo!

bobthebob1234 wrote:I think a forum 'board' or what ever they are called would be a good idea for tuxradar. Much easier to read though and reply constructively than comments

What would it be for though? We have a programming board for coding questions, and individual comments for opinions on TuxRadar posts. I think adding another board could lead to confusion, and have discussions about the same topic going on in multiple places.

bobthebob1234 wrote:And whilst the tuxradar bashing is going on, the last 16 items on the rss feed have been podcast,ballot,podcast,ballot,etc etc
Why no more other stuff?

There are only three of us (writers) here now, and we're extremely busy making the magazine, making the disc, doing the podcast and the five thousand mini-tasks those all entail :-) We'd love to give away more free stuff but as a small team we have to focus on the magazine.

You've seen that we've advertised for a Staff Writer to join us -- hopefully that'll give us more manpower to convert and put online free content again. You'll just have to listen to the podcast for now!

M
M-Saunders
LXF regular

Postby Ram » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:08 pm

bobthebob1234 wrote:
I think a forum 'board' or what ever they are called would be a good idea for tuxradar. Much easier to read though and reply constructively than comments

Mike wrote:
What would it be for though? We have a programming board for coding questions, and individual comments for opinions on TuxRadar posts. I think adding another board could lead to confusion, and have discussions about the same topic going on in multiple places.

I was thinking more of a sub catogory within this board.

Ram
LXF regular

Postby Rhakios » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:01 pm

Ram wrote:I was thinking more of a sub catogory within this board.

As Mike says, there is already a programming forum here. Topic titles exist to give people a clue as to what you're writing about and links can be made back to original article, where necessary. In fact, if anything, I think having comments enabled for project related articles is redundant.
Bye, Rhakios
Rhakios

Return to This Website